If someone intentionally damaged my insured vehicle with a weapon say a rod or brick and the culprit is caught, who will compensate for the loss? Culprit or insurance company?

You can report the claim to your insurance company and if you have comprehensive coverage they should pay.  They would then try and collect against the culprit.  The culprits insurance company more than likely wouldn’t cover as it was an intentional act.

Hope that helps.  We are not attorneys so please don’t take as legal advice.