Quoting or purchasing Health Insurance is a relatively simple, quick process. Understanding policy benefits so you can make the best purchasing decision however can be a challenge. At Preferred Guardian Insurance, we take the time to go over benefits with you and your family to make this process even easier.
Key components to a health insurance policy are:
- The deductible: The greater deductible, the lower the premium. The deductible is what you will pay before benefits are paid. There can be an individual deductible, family deductible, or both.
- Co-Insurance Percentage: This is the percentage the insurance company will pay after the deductible has been exhausted. The percentage varies most commonly from 80-100%. The higher the percentage, the higher the premium
- Maximum Out-of-Pocket: This is the most that the consumer will pay in addition to their deductible. This applies to covered benefits only.
- Office Co-Pay: The amount you will pay to see the doctor within the Insurance Company Network. In most cases, diagnostics, blood work, X-Rays, etc. fall outside the office co-pay. Many policies have different co-pay amounts for family doctors and specialists.
- Prescription Coverage: This is the amount you will pay for prescriptions covered under your policy. There are generally three or four categories of prescriptions, all of which have a different benefit amount. There can be a deductible applied to reduce the expense of the insurance plan
For a health insurance quote within 24 hours, please provide the following information:
- Your Name
- Date of Birth
- Height and Weight
- Spouse Name (if applying for coverage)
- Spouse Date of Birth
- Spouse Height and Weight
- Name, Age and Gender of Children (If applying for coverage)
Click the logo of your preferred provider for a quote.